Cherry Reds

My Food Place of the Week: Cherry Red's

Whilst at Puro Hair, my stylist told me of this little cafe that has amazing food called Cherry Red's.
I have to say, she really sold it to me because she said they cater to vegans, veggies and people with gluten and dairy allergies, so I had no choice but to try it out for lunch.


It is also located on John Bright Street, just a couple of doors down from Puro Hair and opposite Brewdog.

The view from Cherry Red's
Cherry Red's is a cross between a bar and a cafe, it is both cosy yet a fun place to go for a Friday night drink or dinner. They serve breakfasts all day, as well as alcohol, vegan cakes and cupcakes and lunch options.


The menu was full of tasty treats and it indeed had choices. I opted for a peppermint tea and a salad. They had two salads that I liked the look of, so I asked if they could get both, a half and half salad and they said they could do it for a pound extra. 




Handmade falafel, roasted vegetables, haloumi and salad; there was also supposed to be hummus and salsa too but I didn't realise at the time.

Overall I really enjoyed the meal, especially as it came up to £7 altogether and tasted awesome. I regret that I didn't try the vegan cakes but I am sure I will be visiting again. It seems to have the same premise as Boston Tea Party but with an added extra of a bar.

** Update **




Whenever I like a place, I tend to visit it regularly.

So I thought I would update this post with my recent visits.

Being lactose intolerant, I miss cake. I am naughty sometimes and eat cake with dairy in it. But since discovering that Cherry Reds do cupcakes that are vegan, I jumped for joy.

I have tried the Chocolate & Creme and Peanut Butter and Raspberry Jam. They were both AMAZING!!!

The Falafel and Veg Burger was also delicious; especially the homemade chips were soooo good too.

My friends tried the Fish & Chips and Pulled Pork Burger and they both said it was really delicious.

Food - 5/5

Food appropriate for Lactose Intolerance Suffers - 5/5

Service 3/5
I am giving a 3 because I didn't have much interaction with the staff but they were friendly and I did like that they left you to it.

Location 4/5
It is in the outskirts of town so it is a bit of a find, similar to Boston Tea Party.

Cleanliness - 5/5

Value for Money - 5/5

Have you been? Do you agree?

xx

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Tofu Tasha. Design by Fearne.